Home-Start welcomes volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. Volunteer for Home-Start and make a difference to a family in your community.
We need volunteers from across the Wakefield District so if you can give a couple of hours a week to support a family who needs just that little bit of extra help please get in touch with us.
We are planning a course for new volunteers starting Wednesday 22 January 2020. If you want to make a difference to parents and children across the Wakefield District, please ring us on 01924 251205 or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are Home-Start volunteers?
Our volunteers are committed and caring people who offer their time freely.
They are usually parents themselves and bring with them personal experience, skills and knowledge of the resources available within their local area.
They are friendly and approachable and can be relied on and trusted by parents to listen without being judgemental, and to respect the needs of each individual family.
All volunteers …
- Attend a 40 hour course of preparation (once a week for 10 weeks)
- Have the option of having their learning accredited through CERTA (formerly the Open College Network)
- Receive regular support both during the course and after, when they are supporting a family
- Are offered the opportunity to attend on-going training and social events throughout the year
- Receive all out of pocket expenses incurred whilst volunteering for Home-Start
To read more about being a volunteer with Home-Start Wakefield download our Home Start Wakefield & District Volunteer Leaflet November 2018 to find out more about the work we do go to our Referrers’ page.
- Trustees are elected each year at our Annual General Meeting
- Our Trustee Board meets every 6 weeks on a Wednesday evening
If you are interested and want to find out more, please Download our Trustee Recruitment Pack for more information.
You can also contact us on 01924 251205 or e-mail us on email@example.com