Home-Start support is available to families who are experiencing stress or difficulties. We offer support to families who have at least one child under the age of five or aged between 5-12 years.
Do you ever feel like this?
- Isolated in your community, with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- Suffering with post-natal illness but finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- Having a hard time coping with your child’s illness
- Overwhelmed by the death of a loved one
- Struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having young children
- Struggling to cope with a disability or relationship problems
- Tired, unhappy, exhausted
- Struggling to manage your household finances
Maybe you need someone to talk to
Someone who won’t judge you; a shoulder to cry on or perhaps someone to play with or read to your children; maybe a bit of support to make or keep medical appointments, do the shopping, visit the park, or to find out what else is available locally. You decide…
Click on our Family Group Leaflet January 2018 which has full details of the support we currently offer.
If you ask for Home-Start’s help you can be sure of total confidentiality and support from staff and volunteers who are well trained and trustworthy. All staff and volunteers have an enhanced level criminal records check.